Where it all started
Because we are passionate about making sure your business grows as quickly as possible.
Some clients have asked our staff why Perfect Laser offers so much and is so competitively priced. The answer is as much in our style and ethos as it is why our competitors charge so much. However, what our competitors charge is none of our concern.
Many years back in the 80’s there was a PC company that disrupted the local market called Computer Warehouse, that sold Taiwanese IBM compatible computers. Yes in those days you wouldn’t buy a PC unless it was IBM compatible.
Computer Warehouse eventually grew to 12 branches and 230 staff members and on June 8, 1987 it was listed on the JSE. That was my company – which I founded 2 years after finishing UCT. It was sheer hard work, commitment to clients and belief in what we set out to do that drove us. Computer Warehouse was subsequently sold to Bill Venter’s Altron Group.
Almost 25 years to the day later …
We at Perfect Laser are passionate about the new “disruptive technology” that Lasers, CNC routers, Waterjet Cutters etc. represent. We believe passionately that every South African and South African company must easily be able to take control of their prototyping and creative dreams, resume manufacturing in-house (rather than outsourcing) and take advantage of the oncoming consumer tsunami which can only be described as “customers who want new ideas that are customised and personalised – and they want it now”.
Since 2008, Perfect Laser has delivered (all over SA – and Africa) over 300 machines. We have watched ideas come alive, seen amazing products created, witnessed the financial success of our clients and become close friends with many of them.
We understand that clients think that quality and reliability are sacrificed by having a more competitively priced machine. This I can assure you would never be acceptable to us – we would be failing in our mission to provide you with a reliable, profitable in-house manufacturing solution and we would be driving around sorting out technical issues all day. In fact our machines are incredibly reliable. Lastly our JIC (Just In Case) parts inventory is probably the largest in SA.
It is no secret that we drive to every corner of South Africa, export to the SADEC region, offer telephone support for over 65 hours per week including remote control analysis of your machine via the internet, have one of South Africa’s most recognised CorelDRAW experts as part of our team and that we import by the container.
Joining us is a partnership and we love our clients. More recently we have started to hold significant amounts of stock – but for bigger machines we ask for a 50% deposit and that you wait for up to 10 weeks (although often it is only 6 or 7 weeks). So we pass on the savings to you.
Does that explain our competitiveness? I don’t know. But I can assure you that we are growing, have branches in Cape Town, Durban, Bloemfontein and Johannesburg, are driven by passion and belief in what and why we do what we do. So, Why buy from us? – read on …
We are passionate about making sure your business grows as quickly as possible. This is how we help you:
1) We take calls every weekday until 9pm.
2) We work every Saturday until 2pm.
3) We provide software integrity support to any machine with an internet connection – for 1 year.
4) We install machines all over South Africa – including Saturdays and Sundays. (We even installed a machine in Newcastle on New years day 2015.)
5) We keep a full range of spares – And supply them mostly by the next day.
6) To this day (after 5 years) – We have never charged a client for parts replacement, as we consider it to have been a problem of our defective training and installation rather than client incompetence.
7) We tell you exactly what you need to make the installation a success. (eg: internet connection, power requirements, space requirements, etc. etc.)
8) We provide a “goody bag” (actually more like a pizza box) with at least 30 items in it so you can get to know your new machine’s performance (material / laser speed / laser power combination and effects) asap.
9) We offer finance to registered PTYs or CCs with trading records and complete financials.
10) We offer a 75-80% trade-in (excluding return freight costs) on upgrades within 3 months of installation.
11) We offer a great discount if you pay 60% upfront and are prepared to wait 10 weeks for sea freight.
12) We regularly add to our range of consumables – giving you great new products at prices below traditional materials suppliers (rubber stamp sheets, stainless steel tags, etching cream etc.)
This is how we implement our service and training:
The technology we use is highly reliable and durable – in all environments. Furthermore the cooling system, power supply and laser tubes are matched to work together reliably.
However from time to time there are problems – which we address as follows:
1) We give you complete machine operation and maintenance training. Once we have installed your machine, within 2-3 days you will be able to comprehensively operate the laser, perform routine maintenance (which is specified in a document) and even change minor and major parts.
2) You will be supplied a set of basic parts. (Sensors, limit switches, belts, emergency on/off switch, other switches etc.) as well as parts that could degrade through use.
3) You have the option to buy a spare set of mirrors and lens as it is possible that these can be damaged in the event of irregular cleaning – and at a cost of around R2000 per set it will be worthwhile to have a spare set. We will always have a replacement tube and power supply in stock for you.
4) We can guarantee you 2 day parts availability for any other part. You will however be responsible for returning the defective part to us.
5) We use UltraViewer (free for you to download) to log onto your machine via the internet to check software settings and machine settings. We may ask you to send us a picture or video of any problem – as this greatly assists with correct diagnosis and maintenance adjustments. More often than not it’s a file integrity problem – which we will correct for you if necessary.
6) We drive or fly to all corners of South Africa to train/update clients on a regular basis. The time taken to get to you will rarely exceed 3 working days. In the first year this will be at our cost.
7) The guarantee on the machine is one year for the machine (except the tube which is 6 months).
PLEASE NOTE We can be many things but we can’t be responsible for your graphic design skills, graphic environment knowledge and specific graphic software skills. We do need you to have a reasonably good internet connection. We also use a centralised job control system – which tracks and traces all client queries and gives centralised status reports.