- Our CO² laser machines use either Corellaser software with Nano controllers (3040/6040) or RDWorks software with Ruida controllers (bigger machines).
- Should you decide to use any other operating software (Whisperer, Lightburn or some other clone), be aware that we will NOT support these alternative software products, and you may void your warranty by using them.
- We will only offer support to the registered machine owner, or the person who was trained on the machine. Should you need additional training for staff who were not present at the initial training, or if the training was not completed due to staff not being present, or if your computer equipment was not functioning correctly, or due to loadshedding at the time of installation, there will be no refunds on training – and a further training fee may be charged.
Installation & Commissioning of machines
- As with any complicated, high-tech equipment, there may be teething problems on installation of your new machine. Be assured that we will do our best to minimise downtime and get your machine running perfectly in as little time as we can.
- It may take up to 3 weeks to be productive – depending on client skills.
- Smaller machines can be offloaded manually, but large machines may require a forklift or up to 6 labourers. You are responsible for this.
- Should there be stairs to negotiate (or in the case of an elevator, should the machine not fit in the elevator) for the installation, it is your responsibility to provide labour, rigging or whatever may be required to raise the machine.
- Machines will only be released or delivered after full payment has been received.
- Disposal of wooden crates and packaging is the owner’s responsibility.
- Any offloading costs on site are for the owner’s account and responsibility.
- We do not accept responsibility that your designated workspace is suitable for your machine.
- We suggest you install power surge limiters as damage caused by such surges is your responsibility. We also suggest that you install an earth spike to properly earth your machine.
- Problems relating to clean power supply at your premises are not our responibility. For reliable operation of your equipment, the mains power supply to your premises needs to be stable, clean and within certain limits. Should we believe that your power supply needs to be tested, you will need to get a qualified electrician to do the tests – at your expense.
- Please ensure that you have at least a one kilogram Carbon Dioxide fire extinguisher close to your machine.
- Shipping schedules are only estimates and can vary from -1 week to +3 weeks.
- If we are seeing you over the weekend (especially if you live more than 100 kilometres from our offices) – then you need to be available. We can’t get to faraway places to be told that access can only be given on Monday!
- Delivery addresses (for obvious reasons) must be complete and accurate.
- The responsibility to fit in with the delivery company rests with you. We can try our best to schedule deliveries, but when it’s your machine, you need to be flexible and fit in with our freight carriers.
- The installation location is presumed to be on the ground floor with easy access. If this is not the case. please inform us timeously, and be aware that this may incur extra costs.
- We suggest that training involves 2 staff members or other persons in case one leaves.
- We do need access to your computer equipment – and equipment supplied by us. This means on installation or service calls. Should we be unable to gain access to PCs running our equipment, we will not be able to complete an installation or service call. This wastes our time and yours, and will lead to a further call out being required and charged for.
- Please remember to take out comprehensive insurance on your machine.
- We can only guarantee effective machine performance if original software is used.
- The warranty of your machine is not transferable in the event of a resale, unless the new owner has completed our training and maintenance course and the machine has been verified as being set up correctly.
- If you, or anyone else other than a trained technician from Perfect Laser attempts to repair your machine, you will invalidate your warranty.
- Your CO2 tube has a 6 month warranty against factory defects (from original installation date). However, should your tube be physically damaged (not a factory fault), or if you have water in the tube where it should not be (likely from overheating), the warranty is not applicable.
- Your warranty will be invalidated if you do not keep your machine clean and dust-free. Electronic and Optical components do not function well in dusty environments and may be easily damaged.
- Your warranty may be invalidated if you move your machine to different premises without a Perfect Laser technician being present to supervise the move.
- Depending on where you are located, it is possible that your machine will be delivered by a third party carrier and not by one of our staff. If you open the crate yourself and try and set-up and install the machine yourself, you will invalidate your warranty.
- If you are located more than 100km roundtrip from our nearest office, and we need to come to your premises after installation, our standard travel fees (whether your machine is under warranty or not) will apply.
Metal Cutting Lasers & Waterjet Cutters
- Metal Cutting Lasers & Waterjet Cutters are built to client specifications, so delivery times are 9-10 weeks (to a South African entry port) from order. Delivery to you may take another week or two.
Training and installation : what is offered
- Machine operation and maintenance training is supplied and can take up to one day. With metal cutters, fiber laser cutters and waterjets please allow for 2-4 days. Advanced training is offered at our head office. We will always assist with software support issues as long as it relates to Perfect Laser hardware, and not your Windows operating system or PC/Notebook. We also offer UltraViewer support.
- Perfect Laser tries to make sure that no extra costs are incurred during and after installation. The following, however, must be allowed for:
- For small machines, a work table, bucket, ventilation and an adequate door size for machines to pass through for installation.
- For metal cutters, the rental or purchase of an appropriate gas cylinder and gauges. We will provide you with the specifications.
- For all larger machines, an adequate door size for machines to pass through for installation, and possibly a forklift or additional labour.
There will also be additional costs payable by the machine owner in the following circumstances:
- You move your machine to a different place from original installation and setup is required.
- You change your PC or software and you want us to reinstall or recalibrate.
- You need another staff member trained at a later stage.
- You have not maintained your machine – and parts have been damaged, or performance has suffered and we have to clean your machine.
- Any electricity / water / gas consumed while testing your machine will be for your account.
- Your software design skills may be fantastic, but issues relating to designs and PC compatibility are your responsibility – not ours. Should we discover that apparent problems are the result of your designs or your software, correcting these issues may be charged at between R500 and R1500 per hour.
- Your software setup skills may be fantastic, but should we discover that apparent problems are the result of you having changed software settings on your machine, or “upgrading” your software from the Internet, correcting these issues may be charged at between R500 and R1500 per hour.
Parts and consumables Returns
- Perfect Laser does not do refunds on parts and consumables unless in exceptional circumstances within 24 hours of the client purchasing the part, and if the part is undamaged and in original packing. Please ensure that you order the correct part – and that you actually need the part. There will be a 25% handling fee for any parts or consumables returned and accepted.
- Please note that should you decide to do a self-installation of any Perfect Laser machine or parts, your warranty may be invalidated, and you will be responsible for anything that goes wrong. We offer training at our branches, but you will ultimately be responsible for any on-site issues that may arise.
- Products which are bought for self installation/assembly have all parts warranted provided always that the installation/assembly is performed in a suitable location by a qualified electrician in accordance with our installation instructions. We guarantee that our products will perform correctly as described when used and serviced correctly, but not for any other purpose.
- The performance of our products depends on the co-operation and diligence of our customers which includes cleaning and maintenance of the products. Our products do require cleaning, regular servicing and annual inspection to remain safe and effective.
- In the case of self-installation and the unlikely event that difficulties arise and our assistance is requested, our full installation and travel costs will be charged. We may require the return of failed parts at your expense. Failure to return such parts will invalidate the warranty and entitle us to charge for spare parts already supplied under warranty.
Software Support Policy
- Perfect Laser will only install your machine’s operating software on computers running Windows 10. Certain limited versions of Windows such as “Home” will not work correctly. Our installation will be limited to Corellaser (for PLT-3040 and PLT-6040 machines), RDWorks (for the HQ range and larger machines), and EZCad (for fiber engravers). Software for operation of waterjet cutters, fiber cutters and other large machines is preinstalled on the industrial computer supplied with such machines. Design software such as CorelDraw does not form part of the operating software and as such it is your responsibility to install / upgrade your design software.
- Should an issue arise where we suspect your software / PC is at fault, we will use one of our computers to demonstrate that your machine is operational.
- Where possible, and within reason, we will ask our software specialists to assist via Ultraviewer to identify and/or correct the issues. For this you MUST have an Internet connection. There is, however, no guarantee that we will be successful.
- If required, we can supply (at a reasonable cost) a dedicated PC or notebook that is already set up with the operating software.
- Ongoing software support does not include change of operator / staff, problems caused by software updates, such as Windows, anti-virus and design software updates; hardware crashes, loss of data, computer upgrades or replacements; and user changes to factory settings.
- We will assist with file integrity assessments within reason via online support. In many cases, your machine’s output can often be improved, simply with better design parameters.
EQUIPMENT BROUGHT TO BRANCHES FOR REPAIRS
- If we have your equipment at one of our branches for repairs and we replace parts, we generally dispose of worthless or damaged parts immediately after replacement. If you want your broken / damaged parts returned, kindly inform us before we start the repair
- If we have your equipment at one of our branches for repairs, and you do not collect it within 60 (sixty) days of the date of the repair quote (or make other arrangements with us), it may be sold or otherwise disposed of to defray storage, troubleshooting, parts or parts ordered for you, and time spent on investigation, without notice.
CALL OUT TIMES
- Please do not expect our technical staff to be available after hours for call outs. We offer our clients phone-in support on our national support line until 8pm on weekdays.
- While we take every care to ensure our website is accurate and reflects the latest pricing and technical information, we are only human. Please note that E&OE (Errors and Omissions Excepted) Applies. From time to time, our Terms and Conditions may change, but the latest version should always be the one on the website.
All Perfect Laser equipment is sold defect and error free and comes with a Factory Defect Warranty of 12 months from date of installation for laser equipment except the laser tube and High Voltage power supply, which are warranted for 6 months subject to operating the laser machine as per the manual. “Factory Defect Warranty” means that the Factory warrants that the goods are fault-free upon leaving the factory. After the warranty period, most replacement parts and service carry a 3 month warranty, with the exception of laser tubes that carry a 6 month warranty and printer heads that have NO warranty.
Exclusions would be:
- Actual physical damage to the laser tube – especially overheating
- Not maintaining a clean cooling water supply
- Any non-factory defects.
- Please note that should it be found that any malfunction or failure of parts is not caused by a factory defect, then the costs and associated charges will be applied, irrespective of whether the machine is under warranty or not.
- Printer heads do not have any warranty.
- Call out fees are not covered under warranty.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATION OF ORDERS
Should you wish to cancel an order for whatever reason, this will be subject to approval by the company, and should such cancellation be approved, it will be subject to a 20% restocking fee and 30% fee of the total part or machine price if the machine or part has been specially ordered for you.
During the COVID-19 restrictions, there will be NO cancellations approved.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL LARGE LASER MACHINES NOT IN STOCK (PLT-960 or larger) HAVE A 7 – 9 WEEK DELIVERY TIMEFRAME TO A SOUTH AFRICAN SEA OR AIR PORT.
DELIVERY WILL ONLY BE SCHEDULED ONCE ANY OUTSTANDING BALANCE HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
Shipping times are quoted as an average and are subject to a variety of uncontrollable factors such as strikes, weather, international and local holidays, customs inspections etc. These circumstances can add delays to your expected delivery dates.
- Please note that although every attempt is made by us to keep our website up to date, the product/s that you receive may differ from images and descriptions on our website.
- Perfect Laser has made every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided on this website. However, the information is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind.
- Perfect Laser does not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained on this website.
- No warranties, promises and/or representations of any kind, expressed or implied, are given as to the nature, standard, accuracy or otherwise of the information provided in this website nor to the suitability or otherwise of the information to your particular circumstances.
- We shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature (direct, indirect, consequential, or other) whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, which may arise as a result of your use of (or inability to use) this website, or from your use of (or failure to use) the information on this site.
- This website provides links to other websites owned by third parties. The content of such third party sites is not within our control, and we cannot and will not take responsibility for the information or content thereon. Links to such third party sites are not to be taken as an endorsement by Perfect Laser of the third party site, or any products promoted, offered or sold on the third party site, nor that such sites are free from computer viruses or anything else that has destructive properties. We cannot and do not take responsibility for the collection or use of personal data from any third party site. In addition, we will not accept responsibility for the accuracy of third party advertisements.
Laser cutters/engravers sold by Perfect Laser are Class IV Laser Devices and are extremely dangerous. These lasers will instantly ignite clothing, wood, paper, plastics, and many other common items and will seriously burn flesh, including eyes. Care must be taken to avoid serious injury and/or blindness. Always operate any high power laser in an environment free of flammable materials, children, pets, spectators, etc. Always ensure that flooring around your laser is clean and free of any obstacles. Always ensure that the work surface is kept clean. Always ensure that water cooling is sufficient to keep the tube cool. Always use eye protection when operating your laser. Failure to do so may result in permanent blindness. This laser uses lethal high voltages. Care must be taken when working with high voltage. Failure to do so may result in Serious Injury or Death. Untrained operators are forbidden to operate any laser equipment supplied by Perfect Laser. The use of any laser equipment is dangerous, and you do so entirely at your own risk. Perfect Laser, its staff, employees, family, consultants and technical representatives will not be held liable for any injuries, damages to property or any other damages whatsoever caused by operating laser equipment.