Have you ever disassembled a radio, TV, HI-FI, Printer and attempted to put it back together again or fix it if it was broken? Use your skills that can add value to our business, and let us teach you everything you need to know about the skills needed to master our machines! Advance your career with CNC’s, laser cutters, and UV printers. You will receive full training.
The Junior Photocopier Technician’s primary responsibility is the installation and troubleshooting of CNC equipment (Computer Numerically Controlled), and ensuring Planned Maintenance (PM) procedures are completed. The technician will also support the documentation of PM procedures and support the organizational achievement of safety, quality, and productivity goals.
The machine types may include (but not limited to) the following:
- CO2 and Fibre Laser cutting and engraving machines
- CNC Routers
- Vinyl cutters
- Heat presses
- Solvent printing machines
- Program input/output, maintain and repair CNC manufacturing equipment and facilities using knowledge of computer numerical control processes.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain machine (hardware and software) problems. A basic understanding of the operational software for the various machines is required.
- Troubleshoot electronics and software on electrical and mechanical systems.
- Use machine tool manuals, technical documents, schematics, and internal and vendor resources to research machine issues.
- Identify and replace parts as necessary.
- Complete testing and adjustments of parts as needed, amongst others the adjustment of optical beam paths on laser machines and fine-tuning for peak performance.
- Complete planned and preventative procedures.
- Work-based on a sense of urgency to minimise machine downtime and promoting good customer service.
- Provide first line training for the technicians/operators who run the machines.
- Maintain and organize machine and maintenance data so that it can be used by others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read operational manuals, electrical and mechanical schematics, assembly instructions, and troubleshooting guides.
- Familiarity with CO2 and Fibre Laser machinery.
- Knowledge of CNC machine design and operation.
- Demonstrated high degree of industrial mechanical knowledge, operational software, and electrical aptitude and repair abilities.
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical test equipment, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Interpersonal – Promotes a positive atmosphere for a cohesive and proactive working environment; keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions and requests: able to effectively communicate problems and solutions to team members and internal customers.
- Team Work – Shares information with the supervisor and other team members in a manner that is understandable.
- Quality – Accepts responsibility for the quality output and uptime of the equipment; actively participates and suggests improvement to management where possible.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports and or corrects potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly.
- Remains flexible in work assignments and shifts
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, stand, walk, bend/stoop on a regular basis.
EDUCATION AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma
- Skilled Trade Certification preferred
- Ability to comprehend given instructions
- Ability to multi-task job duties effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Reading, writing, and general math skills
- Ability to work effectively in a group (Team) environment
If you have certified photocopy training then the starting salary can be R8000-R12000
You will also earn a commission for productivity /call-outs/installations